Χρόνια πολλά Φανούλα!
Soap favors for Fani’s birthday party!
I was not really a fan of going to the gym and because of that I had been thinking a lot about all the exercising and fitness things. I was trying hard to figure out what non-gym kinds of exercises I could take part in.
What I did come up with was… power yoga!
I’ve been practicing power yoga the last 6 months and I feel so much better. What kind of excersice do you practice?
Searching about yoga through the internet I found this really interesting article from MindBodyGreen.
It’s about 10 ways to live yoga out of the mat. Enjoy it!
The gifts of the Master are these: freedom, life, hope, new direction, transformation, and intimacy with God. If the cross was the end of the story, we would have no hope. But the cross isn’t the end. Jesus didn’t escape from death; he conquered it and opened the way to heaven for all who will dare to believe. The truth of this moment, if we let it sweep over us, is stunning. It means Jesus really is who he claimed to be, we are really as lost as he said we are, and he really is the only way for us to intimately and spiritually connect with God again.
We all know mornings can be difficult. Most of us have those days when you hit the snooze button 1 or 6 too many times, you finally wake up and you are going to be so late! I’ve never been an early bird so regular office hours is a real challenge for me. And especially when it is dark and rainy outside it’s rather difficult to drag myself out of the bed. So I tried to find out the best practices to wake up more easily.
1. Lay out your clothes the night before!Everything from shoes to bra, dress to jacket, purse to accessories. Check the weather forecast the previous night, maybe even for the week, and be ready! The only tricky part here is that it takes will power to stick to your decision from the night before. You never do know what mood you will wake up in and how that will affect how you want to express yourself fashion-wise that day, but maybe you’ll be too tired and in such a morning daze you’ll be unable to argue with yourself.
2. Streamline your makeup routine. Like a loaded shotgun ready for any possible intruder, have your morning makeup routine locked and loaded. Know how long it takes, have your products laid out and ready, so there’s no need to dig in a messy drawer searching for your favorite lipstick. Have a daily routine that you know like the back of your hand.
3. One of the conditions for waking up easily in the morning is a healthy and sound sleep during the night. So one of the things recommended is not to eat and drink too much before going to bed.
4. You should also keep your bedroom window open during the night so that exhaled carbon dioxide can float away and the fresh air come in. Nevertheless you should take care with having a normal body temperature during your sleep, not to be hot or cold , therefore you should choose the appropriate clothing and blanket otherwise it will disturb your sleep. It is advised to try to cut out the possible noises around you because the stress your body is experiencing while being woken up by disturbing noises when asleep is actually very harmful for your health (especially heart), therefore probably you should also choose some softer alarm tune to wake yourself up with.
5. It is important to have consistent sleeping hours – to go to bed and to wake up more or less at the same time every day (yes, even on the week-ends :S).
6. Getting up straight after your alarm has went off is advised, not to snooze it over and over again (maybe this carpet alarm clock would be the answer :)). But you shouldn’t get out of bed without stretching your body.
7. It is recommended to drink a glass of water on an empty stomach because it wakes up the metabolism of your body and makes yourself alert. Some exercises and few deep breaths while listening to the music you like would do good.
8. Plan breakfast, prep coffee. Standing in front of the fridge trying to figure out how to start off your day and making your coffee are huge time wasters and things that can be done the night before. If you are an at-home coffee drinker, make it the night before, so all you have to do in the morning is flip the switch! No messing with filters, water, or grounds.
9. And of course having something exciting to look forward to during the course of the day is a very stimulating thing as well. If you can not think of anything then just remember what The Buddha had said that every time you go to bed you should consider that you won’t wake up. That way, when you wake up you will be especially grateful for the day you have ahead of you. Instead of seeing the day as a burden that you have to “get through” you will see it as an opportunity to do something meaningful and beneficial.
Yes, in deed, there are too many things we take for granted, starting with the waking up in the morning.
So good night and sweet dreams! And enjoy waking up in the mornings! :)
These homemade vegetable chips are the best snack for this “no meat/milk” week!
This is a quick and easy recipe. All you need is assorted beets, olive oil, salt & pepper. We love the simplicity.
This is another easy recipe from Sweet Potato Chronicles. If you like sweet potato fries, you will love these crispy travel-friendly alternatives which only call for three ingredients and come along with a recipe for dipping sauce.
This recipe for kale chips makes a delicious and nutritious snack.
These chips are cooked in a frying pan, making the cooking process a little more difficult for the young ones, but they will be surprised to find how tasty carrots can be!
Perfect for a crunchy salad topping or an on-the-go snack, these radishes topped with salt, pepper, and rosemary, and baked for 15 minutes, are a unique hit. Tip: Since radishes shrink in the oven, make sure to find the largest ones available—a task your helper will love.
Tips to make sure your chips don’t come out soggy or burnt:
It may be kind of cliché, but Paris in springtime is really beautiful.
With perfect weather to stroll through neighborhoods, sit outside quaint cafes, and admire the flowers in bloom, spring is the perfect time to visit the City of Lights.
Just look at these photos to see what we mean:
How to live like a french girl from Mangomini.
It’s Friday! It’s April! It’s Spring! It’s Easter Time!
Can you think of anything better?
Easter eggs, also called Paschal eggs, are special eggs that are often given to celebrate Easter or springtime.
In the Orthodox and Eastern Catholic Churches, Easter eggs are dyed red to represent the blood of Christ, shed on the Cross, and the hard shell of the egg symbolized the sealed Tomb of Christ — the cracking of which symbolized his resurrection from the dead. Easter eggs are blessed by the priest at the end of the Paschal Vigil (which is equivalent to Holy Saturday), and distributed to the faithful. The egg is seen by followers of Christianity as a symbol of resurrection: while being dormant it contains a new life sealed within it.
In some Mediterranean countries, chicken eggs are boiled and decorated by dye and/or painting and used as decoration around the house. Then, on Easter Day, young kids would duel with them saying ‘Christ is resurrected, Indeed He is’, breaking and eating them. In Easter Sunday friends and family hit each other’s egg with their own. The one whose egg does not break is believed to be in for good luck in the future.
If you are looking for a natural way to dye your Easter Eggs this year, you should remember this LUB post.
It’s my blog’s second birthday and I feel sooo happy!
I can’t believe how fast the time has gone and I have all of my awesome followers to thank for making this such a success. I really want to take this chance to thank everyone who has visited, liked, written supportive comments, encouraged me to continue, and become a new and valued friend.
Thank you so much for being a part of LUB!
Can’t have birthday without a gift, right?
Like or Leave your comment here or on my Facebook page until Monday 14th and one of you will win this Easter Box full of LUB handmade soaps!
Welcome to LUB World!
Lighting Up Bubbles is travelling around the world trying to get closer to all of you LUB fans!
Be a one-day blogger by describing us a typical day of yours… Tell us about your city, your hobbies, your work, your interests, your friends… Feel free to share anything you like with us! You should use this template to start off your post:
And an answer to this question:
WHICH LUB SOAP ARE YOU USING RIGHT NOW?
I am waiting for your e-mails!