Simple tips for a perfect Christmas Week
- Spend time with your family and your friends.
- Watch at least one Christmas movie this week or even better… go to theatre!
- Get up and open your presents in pyjamas.
- Read a good book while drinking a Cinnamon Tea
- If you find yourself caught under the mistletoe with someone you would rather not be, be brave, don’t be a spoilsport, smile, a quick kiss on the cheek will suffice.
- Whatever lies beneath the wrapping paper, always react with surprise and sheer joy. This is something you have always wanted and you are very grateful. Politeness and graciousness go a long way.
- Whilst writing a short personal note in a Christmas card is acceptable, avoid the dreaded round robin letter with photographs of pets and family. These egocentric, self congratulatory annoyances, let’s face it, are just a way of bragging about family and achievements. Less self-promotion and more seasonal goodwill!
- With the stress of Christmas, hosting can become hostile pretty quickly. Keep calm, be welcoming, ask for help if you need it. Guests should never feel like they are a burden.
- This is easier said than done but if you can manage not to overeat and over drink on Christmas day, it’s amazing how much better you feel the next day!
You know that “There are no Christmas rules or tips”!
Have a lovely, relaxed, non- stressy Christmas week!