I’m in love with this “precious” DIY from Fallofdiy!
1. Work pieces of pink, blue and white polymer clay, each into a ball around 2cm wide. Work two larger pieces of translucent polymer clay into slightly larger balls.
2. Mix the pink and blue together to make purple. Take a small pea sized ball from this and mix with one of the transparent balls.
3. Take the lilac, translucent and white ball and pop them in the freezer for an hour.
4. Grate the whole translucent and the whole white ball, but only half on the lilac. Put the other half of the lilac aside and roll the grated clay up into another ball, freeze again, and then finely grate.
5. Roll this into another ball and roll out.
6. Take a piece of grease proof paper and scrunch up into cylinder. Wrap the mixed piece around it as many times as in will.
7. Roll out the leftover lilac, roll that out and wrap it around next.
8. Then lastly take the rest of the purple and wrap that around as well. Roll this gently in between your hands. Don’t make this into a perfect circle, use your fingers to create indents and odd shapes.
9. Heat in the oven for around 30 minutes on a medium to low heat. Leave to cool and with a sharp scalpel knife carefully cut off thin strips.
10. Cover the inside with glue and sprinkle with crystal glass. Leave to dry and cover the rest of the slice with a glue such as glossy accents to give it that polished look.
It’s quite a process, but it makes loads of pieces. And of course you can create different colours and contrasting colourways.