Thanks “Healthy Cook” for the recipe!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
for the cookies
- 12 digestive cookies (4 of them cut them with a heart shape cookie cutter)
- 175 gr. dark chocolate
- (0.7oz) almonds
- (o.7oz) pistachios (kernels)
for the mousse
- 150 g. (5.3oz) milk chocolate (vegans may use soy-milk chocolate)
- (2.6oz) dark chocolate
- 125 ml (½ cup) cream, 18% fat (vegans may use non-dairy cream)
for the pistachio sauce:
- 200 g. (7oz) white chocolate (vegans may use soy-milk chocolate)
- 200 ml cream, 18% fat
- 100 g. (3.5oz) pistachios (kernels)
- a few pistachios in slices, to decorate
- Prepare the cookies: Finely chop in food processor almonds and pistachios. Sieve after a fine strainer to drain the very fine dust generated by the food processor. Melt the chocolate in a bain marie (cut to small pieces to melt quickly). Stir the chocolate until it is smooth. Dip one by one the cookies into the chocolate to cover completely, and using a forceps put them on a rack. Sprinkle them with chopped nuts and allow cooling so the chocolate thickens.
- Prepare the mousse: Cut the chocolate into small pieces. Heat the cream in a small saucepan, over medium-low heat. Pour in warm chocolate pieces; let it melt for 1 minute, stirring. Remove from heat and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Prepare the pistachio sauce: Put the pistachios in a food processor and make a fine powder. Heat the cream in a saucepan, over medium-low heat. Once warm, pour into the pistachio powder and stir. Add the white chocolate (in small pieces, do not forget!) Allow 1 minute to melt, stirring. Remove from the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Assembling when it is time to serve: Carefully remove the cookies from the rack. Put the mousse into a piping bag with a fluted nozzle and garnish 8 round cookies creating with small hills. Put enough pistachio sauce, in the dish, to cover it. Place two garnished round cookies one over the other, and carefully place the on the sauce. Do the same with the rest. Garnish with heart-cookies and slices of pistachios and serve.